Sunday, May 10, 2009

News About Swine Flu

Quite honestly I find the news about the actual and future situation concerning the Swine Flu quite bad and by no means informative enough. On the one hand the media keep bombarding us with news about number of fatalities and number of infected people and numbers of countries involved, and on the other hand the authorities are downplaying it or in some cases even ignoring it (with the exception of the WHO). I think we have a right to receive better and more informative information. I live in Europe, so I expect some very high ranking EU-official to give us an update on a very regular basis. That update should be informative, what are the current facts and figures concerning the situation in the EU, what precautions should we take on a personal or family level, what can we expect for the nearby future and later this year, what are still the unanswered questions, ... Like I said, I find the way news about the Swine Flu is given by official authorities at the moment quite bad. Let's be very happy that this Swine Flu is not a real disaster. We would probably hear from these authorities after that disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many thanks for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment to my post. I will review your comment as soon as able.